Monday, November 21, 2011

Table Manners Cards Get Some Air time

11/19 GOOD DAY RADIO WITH THE SUPERMARKETGURU - THIS WEEK'S GUESTS

Phil talks to Staci Ericson, creator of Golly Gee-Pers and Dr. Travis Stork physician and co-host of “The Doctors

What is it like to be a guest on a radio show? I found out this past Saturday when I was invited to be on the popular national radio show Good Day with Supermarket Guru Phil Lempert and co-host Doug Stephan.


Because the show is live and goes on the air at 8:15 Eastern time, I had to wake up at 4:30am Pacific time. I consumed a couple cups of coffee to shake off the cobwebs,although I'm not sure it did much for my nerves. I then sat patiently in my robe and slippers waiting for the producer to call. When the call time came and went I started to worry. I checked my landline and my cell to make sure they were both charged. They were. I then rechecked the scheduled time; that was right too. Perhaps three minutes is too soon to panic, I decided. Just then the phone rang. It was the producer, Michael, "you're on in 90 seconds"


Phil Lempert is one of the country's leading consumer advocates when it comes to food and nutrition. He is also the Food Trend Editor for the Today Show and ABC News Now. Co-host Doug Stephan is one of the top talk radio hosts in the country with over 3.75 million listeners every week. This was big time. After the catchy intro song, "Eat Your Food; Don't Wear it" faded, I was introduced. Much to my dismay I discovered that I had a sleepy frog in my throat that continued to stay with me throughout the interview. On the other hand, Phil and Doug had both obviously done their homework, knew my product and my backstory and made it delightfully easy to talk about Golly Gee-pers! I have to say, but for their clever prompting and warm personalities I would have been a deer caught in the headlights. I managed to make most of my points with one grave exception. I never once mentioned that my game had just won two awards. Ouch! Then, just as I was starting to get the hang of the radio conversation thing, our time was up. Truthfully, I was relieved. I shuffled off in my robe and slippers back to bed hoping I hadn't just ruined any chance of my product really taking off.


Fast forward to Monday morning. I summoned up the courage to listen to the the tape of the show.

If you would like to hear what all this agony has been about feel free to click on the link and go to the archive for November 19, 2011. My interview begins about 16 minutes and 30 seconds into the show.http://www.dougstephan.com/programhighlights

No comments:

Post a Comment